Friday, July 17, 2009

How times flies When...

You are having fun! We have been so busy since my last post. My daughters, grandchildren and I went to Great Wolf Lodge up near Dallas. We had a blast. This is one of my favorite pictures:



The 4 youngest got to play a fantasy game with a wand. They went all over the Lodge touching pictures, podiums, statues, etc. to get clues to find treasures. At one time 3 of them went off the find all of the clues and were gone for a couple of hours. I recommend anyone who goes there to purchase the wand for their children. At the end of the stay they got to go into a room to "fight the dragon" if they had enough points. I don't know who had more fun. My oldest grandson got a "tatoo" (washable) and said that was pretty cool. He met some other teenagers and had a great time hanging out with them.

Jameson thought he was "hot stuff" waving his wand at everything. Some of the pictures remember if your wand was used already at that site, so it gives you a sassy message like" Don't think just because you wave that wand, I'll give you more clues" haha! The first time Jamie heard that he put his head down, he realized she was "hollering" at him and his feelings were hurt! We are all hoping that we can go back next year.
I went to a scrappy hosted by my friend Linda and we had 20 women there laughing and creating all day. Can't wait for the next one. Unfortunately I was so busy "creating" and socializing that I didn't take any pictures!

A friend got married on July 4th and it was the nicest wedding. Some of the special things she did made a real impression on me. One of them was as she walked down the aisle, a group of her friends lined both sides and each handed her a long stemmed Red Rose. By the time she reached the front she had a complete bouquet. Precious. Another was having her readers prepare a bridge. The groom approached the bridge from one side and the bride approached from the other side. They met in the middle and recited their vows. Hopefully this picture will show up:




We decided to do a little remodeling in the LR/DR and these pictures give you a clue as to how the house looked for a couple of days. Well at least the before! LOL:


We are loving the new wood floors. We plan on remodeling our bedroom next and purchased the flooring at the same time. I can't wait. All I have to do is... scrape the popcorn off the ceiling, paint, remove the old carpeting.......
I'll be sure to post pictures when that room is done too!

2 comments:

Pam Sivage said...

The new floors look wonderful, ant wait to scrap Sunday

ScrapAddict said...

Looks like you've bee having a busy summer! Love the floors! Hope all is well!!